Published: Wednesday, 19 June 2019 08:04
(version 18-2) of the NERIS Newsletter is now available.
- Please note that the version "18-2" cancels and replace version "18" previously provided
This edition provides some feedbacks from recent events, such as NERIS sessions at ERPW 2019, feedback on European projects final Workshops, updates for the NERIS Workshop 2020 etc.
Please note that the NERIS Brainstorming meeting on 26th May 2020, next NERIS General Assembly on 27th May 2020 and next Workshop (27-29 May 2020) are canceled.
Published: Tuesday, 30 April 2019 08:30
We are pleased to announce that the pre-registration to the TERRITORIES Final Event (12-14 Nov 2019, Aix en provence) is open.
The final event, open to TERRITORIES scientists and to stakeholders, aims to:
- Share findings from the TERRITORIES project, including technical guidance, published and to-be-published along 2019 on: https://territories.eu/publications
Collect feedback on two deliverables from the project, including one about existing exposure situations due to nuclear accident contamination
Both documents will be sent to registered participants 4 weeks in advance.
Please pre-register your interest for this event on https://territories_final.eventbrite.com
Published: Friday, 01 February 2019 08:00
Process-based models have existed for nearly two decades, but are still rarely used in emergency planning. This workshop will bring together modellers, scientists and importantly end-users to discuss advances in foodchain transfer with an emphasis on process-based soil-plant transfer models. One aim of the workshop will be to investigate the potential adoption of process-based models by end-users and also identify future research priorities for human foodchain modelling."
The workshop will start at lunchtime on the 9th and finish at 17:00 on the 10th September.
Please note participant numbers will be limited to 45
Registration is now open and a draft agenda is available. Please find more details from https://radioecology-exchange.org/content/workshops
Published: Friday, 01 February 2019 08:00
Stakeholder engagement is now recognized as an essential ingredient in the governance of radiological risk. But how is stakeholder engagement achieved? Whom should it include and why? How can it inform radiation protection practices and decision making? This workshop provides an opportunity to discuss these and related questions, with the aim of stimulating more effective and democratic governance of radiological risks. Three fields will be examined in detail: medical exposures to ionizing radiation, post-accident exposures, and exposure to indoor radon.
- To share findings from the ENGAGE project;
- To collect feedback on recommendations for enhanced stakeholder participation in the abovementioned fields
The workshop will consist of presentations, panels and facilitated group discussions, addressing:
- The connection between stakeholder engagement prescriptions and practice;
- The conditions for meaningful participation and commitment of institutional and non-institutional stakeholders;
- Bridging risk assessment, risk management and risk communication approaches and stakeholders;
- Alignment of different decision levels: local, regional, national and international;
- Informed decision-making (role of communication, access to information, informed consent);
- Radiation protection cultures, including objectives, target stakeholders, content, tools, evaluation processes;
- Broadening the scope of ‘participation’ in radiation protection beyond formal institutional approaches;
- Education, training and capacity building.
We are pleased to announce that the second announcement is now available for download : download the second announcement. You will find information on the workshop format, registration and accommodation.
To register online, please use the following link:
Registration deadline: Agust 10, 2019
Final project workshop: September 11-13, 2019
For more information, visit the ENGAGE website : http://www.engage-h2020.eu
Published: Thursday, 31 January 2019 08:04
The 16th issue of the NERIS Newsletter is now available.
This edition provides some feedbacks from recent events, information on European projects and announcement of upcomings events such as RICOMET 2019, ERPW 2019, and European Projects final Workshops.