Published: Thursday, 12 September 2019 14:42
Aims and objectives of the workshops
Innovations in instrumentation, computing and information technology have provided numerous tools for improving our day-to-day lives. In the same way, new and innovative approaches to radiation protection (RP) could also be developed, in particular in the ALARA process. However, as with most new technologies, issues and challenges need to be identified and tackled. The PODIUM Project and the European ALARA Network have come together to organize a joint workshop to present PODIUM results, innovative ALARA tools and discuss broadly their use in advancing RP and ALARA.
Programme and practical aspects
- The 2nd announcement with the preliminary programme can be downloaded here.
- The registration website is available here.
Published: Wednesday, 19 June 2019 08:04
of the NERIS Newsletter is now available.
This edition provides some feedbacks from recent events, information on European projects and announcement of upcomings events such as RICOMET 2019, ERPW 2019, and European Projects final Workshops.
EDIT: please note that the TERRITORIES final event will take place on 12-14 November 2019 (Aix en Provence, France).
Published: Tuesday, 17 July 2018 08:00
The CONFIDENCE Project, funded under the H2020 CONCERT project, is performing research focused on uncertainties in the area of emergency management and long-term rehabilitation. It concentrates on the early and transition phases of an emergency, but considers also longer-term decisions made during these phases. The project brings together expertise from four European Radiation Protection Research Platforms (NERIS, MELODI, ALLIANCE and EURADOS) and also from Social Sciences and Humanities.
Objectives of the workshop:
• to disseminate the knowledge acquired and to demonstrate the capability of the developed models, methods, approaches, guides, recommendations and tools,
• to collect feedback from end users on outputs and remaining research requirements or improvements in models/guides etc. as a feedback to the Platforms to further develop their Strategic Research Agendas and Joint roadmap.
The workshop will consists of presentations, panels, poster sessions and scenario based facilitated group discussions. Workshop will follow the decision making process which will be realised by using one scenario based on work and outputs from each and every project work-package. Scenario based demonstration of methods and tools will provide complex overview of project outcomes.
The dissemination workshop will take place from December 2 until December 5, 2019 on the premises of Lindner Hotel Gallery Central in Bratislava, Metodova 4, Slovak Republic. (https://www.lindner.de/en/bratislava-hotel-gallery-central/welcome.html) .
The workshop will start with registration and welcome coffee at 8:00 on December 2, 2019 and will conclude on December 5 at 12:30.
While there is no registration fee, dissemination workshop participation is limited to a maximum of 120 participants and registration is required by filling the online registration form. Pre-registered are accepted for final registration. So do not wait to sign up for the CONFIDENCE Dissemination workshop!
- Registration deadline: September 30, 2019
- Dissemination workshop: December 2-5, 2019
Published: Friday, 01 February 2019 08:00
Stakeholder engagement is now recognized as an essential ingredient in the governance of radiological risk. But how is stakeholder engagement achieved? Whom should it include and why? How can it inform radiation protection practices and decision making? This workshop provides an opportunity to discuss these and related questions, with the aim of stimulating more effective and democratic governance of radiological risks. Three fields will be examined in detail: medical exposures to ionizing radiation, post-accident exposures, and exposure to indoor radon.
- To share findings from the ENGAGE project;
- To collect feedback on recommendations for enhanced stakeholder participation in the abovementioned fields
The workshop will consist of presentations, panels and facilitated group discussions, addressing:
- The connection between stakeholder engagement prescriptions and practice;
- The conditions for meaningful participation and commitment of institutional and non-institutional stakeholders;
- Bridging risk assessment, risk management and risk communication approaches and stakeholders;
- Alignment of different decision levels: local, regional, national and international;
- Informed decision-making (role of communication, access to information, informed consent);
- Radiation protection cultures, including objectives, target stakeholders, content, tools, evaluation processes;
- Broadening the scope of ‘participation’ in radiation protection beyond formal institutional approaches;
- Education, training and capacity building.
We are pleased to announce that the second announcement is now available for download : download the second announcement. You will find information on the workshop format, registration and accommodation.
To register online, please use the following link:
Registration deadline: Agust 10, 2019
Final project workshop: September 11-13, 2019
For more information, visit the ENGAGE website : http://www.engage-h2020.eu
Published: Tuesday, 30 April 2019 08:30
We are pleased to announce that the pre-registration to the TERRITORIES Final Event (12-14 Nov 2019, Aix en provence) is open.
The final event, open to TERRITORIES scientists and to stakeholders, aims to:
- Share findings from the TERRITORIES project, including technical guidance, published and to-be-published along 2019 on: https://territories.eu/publications
Collect feedback on two deliverables from the project, including one about existing exposure situations due to nuclear accident contamination
Both documents will be sent to registered participants 4 weeks in advance.
Please pre-register your interest for this event on https://territories_final.eventbrite.com